With the dark nights now firmly upon us, and the need to run more frequently in the evenings I have been on the lookout for a head torch. I wanted something that would be decent, but more importantly something I thought was a fair price for the use it would get.
I was excited to find Silva Ninox ll Headlamp, which ticked all the boxes for me in terms of features but was at a great price! I have been out running twice now using the head torch and I am really pleased with it. It is bright and is fully waterproof with a rating of IPX7.
The torch is easy to operate with a big button on the left side of the barrel-shaped housing and didn’t cause any difficulties when wearing gloves. One push turns the torch on to full power; press again and it drops to minimum mode; a third press sets the LEDs blinking and pressing it again cycles it back round to full power again. Holding the button in for just a second turns it off. To illuminate it in red mode, turn the unit on by holding the button in for two seconds.
Silva’s stated battery (x3 AAA) times are: 30 hours on maximum; 90 hours on minimum and 100 hours on flashing mode.
- Intelligent Light Technology – Combination of a long reach spotlight and a close flood light.
- Red Light Mode – Preserves night vision.
- Waterproof – Keeps the headlamp dry at all times and keeps water at bay.
- Lightweight – Delivers excellent functionality without weighing the wearer down.
- Wide Fitting Band – Stretches for the prefect fit, reduces the risk of discomfort and distraction.
- Pull-Adjustment Loops – Allows the wearer to quickly and easily adjust the fit.
- Light Distance – 55 meters.
- Light Output – 200 Lumens.
- Weight – 86 g.
At the time of writing this review, the Silva Ninox ll Headlamp is available at www.sportsshoes.com for £24.99, saving a whopping £65.00 off the £89.99 rrp.
Leave a Comment